Now is your chance to vote for a hardworking local representative and a Labour Party committed to creating a fairer and more equal society.
Since 2010 I’ve helped over 6,000 people when they’ve had problems with things like tax credits or pensions, and replied to nearly 10,000 calls, letters and emails about issues ranging from cuts to disability benefits to arms sales.
I’ve also got behind community campaigns like those to save Castlebrae High School, secure the Number 60 for Dumbiedykes residents, and help pensioners across the constituency get wet floor showers .
My party and I believe that Scotland does well when hard working families do well. A Labour Government would:
- Raise the minimum wage to over £8 an hour
- Introduce a Mansion Tax to fund 1,000 more nurses in Scotland
- Guarantee jobs for all under 25s out of work for a year
- Ban exploitative zero hour contracts
- Abolish the Bedroom Tax
- Tackle climate change by decarbonising our electricity supply
- Continue to spend 0.7 of national income on aid
- Allow 16 and 17 year olds to vote in all elections
As your MP I have been a strong voice in Parliament with a proven record, and I want to continue that work over the next five years. I hope I can count on your support.